Circa 1835 William Lang and his wife Jane (Stewart) Lang built a carding and fulling mill on the Indian River, a mile north of the village of Lang. The sawmill in Lang burned in 1873 and shortly thereafter, William and his son-in-law Richard Hope added a saw house to their mill. By1892 the wool and carding business was discontinued and the Hope family provided much needed lumbering services to the community until 1966.
The original sawmill and wood-finishing equipment have been fully restored. In the upper floor of the building is a wood-working museum and archival records from the early wool and carding era.
Come and watch the heritage equipment cut and finish lumber just like it was done by our pioneer ancestors.